Hi Lovelies. Since social distancing is still a thing and is continuing to go strong, I thought I would share 10 Things You Must Do In Your Backyard. This are all activities we have been doing for quite some time and are some of our favorite ways to spend quality time with our family.
Night Time Activities
- Movie Night – This is one of our favorite summer activities. We have a screen and projector that we put outside and the kids gather on a blanket or blowup with snacks and treats.
- Camp Out – Pitch a tent and enjoy a campout in your very own backyard.
- Water Guns – Everyone loves a water gun fight.
- Slide – We have one of the awesome blow up slides for the backyard, but another great option is an old school slip n’ slide.
- Water Balloons – These new water balloon attachments are the best. Fill up all the balloons all at once and go to town.
- Sprinklers – Don’t want to spend the money on water toys? Just turn on the sprinklers and let the kids run free.
- Picnic In The Yard – Pack up a picnic basket with all of our lunch items and bring a comfy blanket and head to your backyard.
- S’mores – You can never go wrong with s’mores by the fire pit.
- Tea Party – Setup an afternoon tea in the yard. You can sit in the grass and serve up a fancy english tea party.
- Bocci Ball Tournament – Get out the Bocci Ball set and have a family style tournament.
- Croquet – I love croquet. You can get dressed up and serve your lemonade while you play croquet.
- Cornhole Championships – Team up and go for a cornhole championship.
- Obstacle Course – All the kids love a good obstacle course. Use hula hoops, balls, ropes, whatever you have to create a fun obstacle course and have a few rounds of races.
- Treasure Hunt – Parents bury some treasure, create a map with clues and send them out to find the treasure in the yard.
- Silly String Fight – This is one of our favorites. We used to surprise my husband with a silly string fight when he would get home from work. It’s always a blast.
- Nerf Gun War – We love a good nerf gun war. It is always girls against dad. He is always outnumbered. LOL.
- Chalk Art – We get out for chalk art all the time. It’s so relaxing and a creative way to enjoy some time in the sun.
- Tie Dye – Grab some white shirts, socks hats whatever and make some creative pieces of clothing. We have used this tie dye kit before and it was great.
- Rock Art – The girls do this quite a bit. We love a good rock painting kit.
- Garden – Just to be clear, I don’t garden. But this is something that girls love to do with their dads. I’m pretty good at killing everything they plant. So, I avoid the gardening activities.