Hi Fashionistas. Today, I have 2 posts in one. I am sharing 5 different ways to style leggings and joggers on my YouTube and I am sharing 5 key tips to nail athleisure style. To be honest, this is not my every day wear. I love getting dressed up. Going to school pickup is enough for me to dress up. So, I had a bit of a learning curve on this. Most of the time I’m wearing yoga pants, I am either going for a run or going to hot yoga. So, it’s definitely not to look cute. It’s to sweat my butt off.
I pulled everything out of my closet and went to work. I thought about the way I pull a normal outfit together and applied it to athleisure wear. If you are looking for more inspiration for your joggers you can check out my joggers post here. Today, I have a mix of joggers and leggings for you, but the styling tips are pretty much the same.
5 Key Tips To Nail Athleisure Style
- Layer – This is by far the best way to take your before gym look and rock it to run your errands. Try a denim jacket, military jacket, bomber jacket, or leather jacket. Other great options are cardigans and a casual winter coat.
- Find The Right Fit – This is big for me. I don’t like wearing a full body of spandex, and I also don’t like swimming in my clothes. So, if you are going for the jogger look, try wearing something more fitted, or at least tuck in the top to give yourself waist definition. If you are styling leggings, and wear a fitted top place a layer over it.
- Match The Level of Style – Most joggers and leggings are casual. So, I like to stick with casual accessories. The only exception to this for me is if you are wearing a funky pair of joggers, or an upscale fabric. You can see my styling for leather joggers and velvet joggers here to give you some ideas.
- Wear The Right Shoes – Casual shoes are a must. Sneakers, ankle booties, and a loafer. Again, this is for every day athleisure wear.
- Accessorize – As always you need to finish the look with accessories. Hats, headbands, sunglasses, necklaces and bracelets. Keep it clean and simple, but cute.