Hi Lovelies. Happy Monday. If you saw my posts last week from Opening Day Del Mar you saw my Fascinator hats. Today, I am sharing a DIY Fascinator. These hats were a huge success for Opening Day and the girls had so much fun making them. We did enter the hat contest, but unfortunately didn’t win this year.
We are already planning our hats for next year. Because my girls got that competitive gene and are ready to nail it and take home the prize for the best fascinator. LOL. A little competition is healthy right?
How to Make your own DIY Fascinator
1 roll of Tulle
1-2 different kinds of 2 inch ribbon
Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut Felt into circle cut two slits for the headband to slide through.
2. Cut tulle into five 10 inch strips.
3. Cut ribbon into twelve 4 inch strips.
4. Fold tulle in half and hot glue to felt.
5. Fold ribbon in half and hot glue to felt. You will be overlapping the half ribbons to create a circle. Be sure that your last ribbon lays underneath the first one to keep the pattern.
6. To make the center flower take the rest of the ribbon and tie a knot.
7. Begin to twist ribbon around knot hot gluing every full twist around the knot. Keep it tight and continue to twist until you have the desired size center flower.
7. Hot Glue Flower to the center.
8. Slide headband in to slits.
Here is the final DIY fascinator and our cute matching outfits.
Let me know when you make your own DIY fascinator! Would love to see a pic or two! 🙂