Hi Lovelies, Happy Friday. Soon, we will say hello to June and beach days. Which means swimsuits and smaller clothing. I have been off and on with my diet and despite my efforts have been gaining weight. Please don’t tell me this is what 31 will be like. I had lost so much weight last year, then stress and life kicked in and it has been a downhill spiral. I can’t continue to be healthy for 3 days and then not for 3 days. I keep telling myself that I am going to start tomorrow and I am going to do it better. I do okay for a few days, but it has to be permanent. This week I did major food prep, organized my cupboards, started cutting out the things I don’t need, and started adding in the good stuff. Which brings me to today’s post; Food Prep Tips.
We all try to prep food right? We here how much it helps, blah, blah, blah. Not gonna lie, I was a hater of food prep, but it’s really starting to sink in. Every time I do it, we eat so much better. So, I thought for today let’s talk Food Prep Tips.
- Wash and organize fruit for easy access – I love this because my girls have access to healthy snacks. The open containers allow them to go in and grab fruit when they are hungry.
- Wash and cut vegetables – This includes all snack foods; Celery, Carrots, Cucumber. I package these all together and have them sealed, so it’s another great, easy snack for my girls. They can grab it with some hummus and have a healthy protein-packed snack.
- Wash and dice vegetables – This includes all vegetable produce for the week. I cut everything up into small cuts. This is to cook or to throw in a salad. I like having the two different options in my fridge sliced and diced.
- Hard Boil Eggs – Hard boiled eggs are a perfect well rounded protein source. I don’t eat meat or dairy, but I do eat eggs. Which, by the way, if you are like me and had serious problems with hard boiled eggs not peeling, here are some great tips to make the perfect egg. It actually works.
- Smoothie prep – I keep ziplock bags filled with smoothie ingredients in my freezer. You can see my favorite green smoothie recipe here. You can put all the ingredients in a bag and freeze it. Pull it out add almond milk, coconut water or water, blend and go.
This took me twenty minutes. It’s nothing. You can boil the eggs while you wash and cut all the produce. By the time the eggs are done, you will be finished with all of your produce.
Now, if you eat meat this will take longer. But, you can pick up a griddle and cook several chicken breasts at the same time, throw some ground turkey in a pan and have meat ready to go. You could probably have this all done in an hour if you are quick and efficient with your time. Cheers to the weekend and a healthier, happier you.